20 in 2016
This year marks the 20th anniversary of some classics in film. Yes, they might be older than some of us, but they’re not only film classics but style classics too. If you haven’t seen them, we suggest you give them a go.
1. From Dusk ‘till Dawn – you might have seen the recent TV series adaptation. The movie was better. Salma Hayek dancing with snakes? George Clooney trying to tame his crazed brother, played by Quentin Tarantino? We’ll take that, and we’ll take Clooney’s vest/open shirt/blazer combo too.
2. Happy Gilmore – We have friend who watches this movie with girls to make him look sensitive, and it works, every time. It’s an Adam Sandler movie and possibly his best. He’s an unlucky baseball hopeful who tries to save his grans retirement home by turning to golf. He wears some killer’90s shirts. ‘nuff said.
3. Kingpin – Woody Harrelson and Bill Murrey star in a movie about bowling. A pro bowler (stay with us) loses his hand but with the help of an Amish guy manages to get back in the game. Checked trouser, a false arm and class actors. It has it all!
4. Independence Day – The best (or one of the best) action movies of its time. Aliens. Will Smith need we say more?
5. Trainspotting – Not the most cheerful film on the list but a true cult classic. A must watch. It’s the turbulent tale of a group of friends in 90’s Edinburgh, starring a young Ewan McGregor and Johnny Lee Miller.